{Look, if I've ever been a wiener to you, I'm sorry.}
Last Thursday, we were having a late night (surprise, surprise) and I had just put Max down to bed when the doorbell rang. I thought Greg was right upstairs, having just come home from a meeting, but when he didn't answer right away, I bounded up the stairs and opened the door to find this:
Last Thursday, we were having a late night (surprise, surprise) and I had just put Max down to bed when the doorbell rang. I thought Greg was right upstairs, having just come home from a meeting, but when he didn't answer right away, I bounded up the stairs and opened the door to find this:
The best part of this story, though, was an unintentional side effect. I originally thought that Greg must have been in on this (although it didn't take me long to surmise who was really responsible), because he was right there when the doorbell rang, but it turned out he was in the garage putting some cans out, and so after I found the wiener dog, I walked around the outside of the house to the side of the garage. Greg had heard me call for him, so he was in the garage looking back toward the house. He didn't see me come around the outside, so I just stood still in the window of the side garage door until he caught sight out the corner of his eye and then he freaked -- no really FREAKED out, let out a yelp, and shot like a bullet for the house. I was laughing SO hard. He said that before the realization it was me hit him, he was about to find a bat. He said the experience was something right out of a horror movie! It was dog-gone hilarious! To the pranksters: Thanks for the laughs, you hot dawgs!
3 comments:
Too FUnny, Great pics! We heard the door open then this delay and then really loud laughter, that musta been when you scared Greg. lol
Hot dog, Hot dog, Hot diggity dog. (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Still jealous that you got a dog out of the whole thing- all I got was the plain old hot dogs. You must be more special! Pretty creative though!
Things seem to get left on your doorstep a lot!! hey just so you know we are at a new blog site...thelouthaindomain.blogspot.com, come check us out when you have the time. And I need your email address!
Post a Comment