My friend Lora Ann turned 30 last month. Not a big deal for a lot of people, I know, but for her, it felt old. (I can relate.) She got over this quickly (as did I) but nevertheless we decided to poke fun at her for feeling like such an old lady. We gave her a card on her birthday that told her only that we were going to take her out for her birthday and our friend Krystal told her to dress "sexy". This is all she knew about the big night out.
When the night arrived, we showed up at her house dressed like a bunch of old ladies. Her reaction was great! She kept saying things like "I hope we're not going where people are." Yeah, we all got dressed up to stay home! Not likely. So what did we do? We took her bowling! And not just plain ol' bowling. We did some crazy bowling! Each person took a turn adding on a move to a routine done before tossing the ball down the lane. At one point I had a guy announce that "Buhla" was having her 30th birthday, and he added on that people might want to check out our dance moves and he was pretty sure that we had all had at least 1 too many to drink. Not us! I made sure to point out when we paid that we were all totally sober. He seemed a little repulsed at that point. He's crazy, because we were hot!


Honestly, I had the best time. Feel free to turn 30 anytime Lora Ann!
Oh, and by the way, I won! It may have been the first time in my life I've won a game of bowling. (Yes, my old lady name was Fanni.) Keep in mind, we were crazy bowling for most of it!You know, I'm not sure that we're going to think this is so funny 30+ years from now.
4 comments:
My grandmothers name was Buehla...
Sorry that was me ... Cat
SO funny! Sounds like you had a blast!
Those outfits are fierce! Love the glasses!
Post a Comment