Thursday, January 21, 2010

Children's Museum

While we were in Utah, we went to the Children's Museum in Salt Lake. To say the kids loved it would be an understatement. However, true to Max's m.o., here's what he wanted to do. With all of stuff to do, he must have spent half an hour to 45 minutes in this little car.

Because this little car had a sort of truck bed, other random children would jump in it. Max was so smart about it--he would simply stop and wait, however long it took, until the kid got sick of standing in a non-moving car and would jump out. Then he would start again. At one point, he calmly drove the car straight into a pole, and sat there until the kid got out. Then, without a trace of emotion, away he went. I loved watching his problem solving process. This is so typical of my nephew Jonah; despite what you might think, he actually had a great time with Kenzie and Hannah in the "grocery" store.
My favorite part of the museum was the water works. I had to talk Max into playing with the water! But, after he "got his hands wet" (snicker snicker), he and his cousin Kennedy didn't want to stop playing.

On the patio was this helicopter. One of the buttons replicates the noise of flying the helicopter. Max was not a fan of the noise. He was not sure about the actual helicopter.Get ready to be amazed: Ladies and Gentlemen, the World's Slowest Slide! (The video is short because I had to grab it while he went down. I didn't guess what he was about to do.)
Yeah...it's not really a slide. It's a ramp to make playing easily accessible. Don't tell Max that.

3 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Was this at the Gateway? I've never been there, but if that's the one then my parents and sister's family went there, too. They LOVED it! They were there on MLK Day. What day were you there?

Jacilynn said...

Looks like fun. I'll have to find out where this museum is for our next visit to SL. He looks like fred flinestone with his feet moving so fast in that truck. lol too cute