Tuesday, July 14, 2009

No Time for Pictures

So I had quite the day today. It was going to be pretty packed as it was, and then while I was at the park with a friend from high school and her kids, my schedule got rearranged; Max, playing in the water for all of maybe 10 minutes, slipped on the pavement while running, and fell flat forward (think Superman style) and split his chin wide open. I could tell immediately that he needed stitches. We ended up at the pediatrician's office, and an hour and a half after that, we left with 6 stitches in his chin, plus one which was a deep layer stitch. I'm telling you, it was bad. It was kind of funny (maybe not "ha ha" funny) but all these moms kept coming up to me and offering first aid kits and ice while I was trying to calm Max down long enough to stop most of the bleeding. Uhh, thanks, but neither of those things was going to help. And my tough man Max, after just a few minutes he wasn't crying because of his chin. He was crying because I wouldn't let him get back in the water. He didn't even flinch when the pediatrician pulled the wound open to take a look. I'm cringing right now just thinking of it! I did take a few pictures. I don't have time to post them now. Maybe later.
Fast forward a long a stressful day full of things like taking Max to McDonald's (I let him pick the place for lunch as part of the doctor/stitches negotiation) and going to Walmart to pick out 2 hot wheels (again, bribery and sympathy gifts), Greg and I spent a few hours at the car dealership, because...WE BOUGHT A NEW CAR! It's a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE in Magnetic Gray Metallic. And I LOVE it! See what our car looks like! (You'll have to click on the color and model to get the real picture).
More later. I'm tired.

2 comments:

The Hutton Family said...

Poor Max :( Did you freak out when you saw his gash? I sure would have! I can't handle blood. Congrats on the car! It sounds like a fun addition!

Jacilynn said...

WooHoo a new car! That's awesome!

Poor Max. tHat stinks that he had to have stitches.