Monday, May 4, 2009

Lora Ann's Baby Shower

My friend LoraAnn is pregnant with her third baby, and as it is with 3rd babies, she doesn't need much for the baby, so we had a baby shower of a different sort for her. We all got dressed up as pregnant ladies so she would feel like she fit in, showed up unexpected at her door, and took her out to dinner.

One of these fine ladies is pregnant. I'll give you a hint: it isn't me. Although, I did confuse a couple of people during the night. I am not sure that is a compliment that I am good at dressing up like a pregnant lady. The lady of honor:Now you're asking, what in the world might this be a picture of? Keep reading.Among our basket of chips was this: a chip with the date Apr 04 09 stamped on it. And as if it wasn't just bizarre that this could even happen, keep in mind that we were there on April 29! After a little discussion, Krystal decided that she would take care of it for us. When the waiter returned, she asked him if the chips were made fresh daily in the restaurant. His reply was kind of like, "of course!" Then she pulled out the chip, presented it to the waiter and asked him to explain. His response was, "Oh, well! That's weird! We get our chips in frozen and then cook them daily, so it must have some how rubbed off the bag." Very reassuring. And really "fresh." And after all of that, he didn't even give us our drinks for free, or anything! Sorry, Cafe Ole', but I don't know that I'll be returning anytime soon. Then Kim challenged Candice to demonstrate a "burpee" in the middle of restaurant (while wearing her fake pregnant belly) for a dollar. So, of course, Candice did it. And we got it all on film. Sort of.
We ended the night by having ice cream at Lora's house and watching the movie "Girls Just Want To Have Fun. " It may be a classic 80's movie, but I can't say that I really missed out by not having seen this movie before. Really. I had never seen it. And really. I'm not sad about it. It was fun, though, watching it with my girls.
And I introduced them all to the internet movie database. If you need that address again, girls, here it is: http://www.imdb.com/
Thank Kim and Crystal for planning such a fun night!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I need you to know that I, for some reason, looked at your photos first before reading and I just about CRAPPED my pants when I say your faux-belly. I was like, "How on Earth did she get THAT pregnant, and she didn't tell me!" Gullible...

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun is an AWESOME movie - but if you look really closely to the cover of this movie, it is most definitely photoshopped! Sarah Jessica Parker's hair isn't even curly once in the entire movie! So good.

LoraAnn said...

Love the pictures- THANKS for taking them! I had a great time and once again will never forget it. You guys are the best!

kabeaner said...

Cheryl, I totally agree about the photoshopped cover! It's hilarious. Plus, Shannon Doherty wasn't even really in the movie much, yet she gets a cover credit and shot? Too funny. BTW, I'm glad that I fooled you!!!I love being the prankster!

Jacilynn said...

Crazy ladies! You look cute prego!