Sunday, April 12, 2009

Max's Big Wheel

Now that Max is three, he is no longer eligible for Tumble Time through the state program, so he instead sees a physical therapist. She suggested that Max work on learning to pedal a trike, or big wheel. The problem was that our little Max has little short legs, and he couldn't reach the pedals on his trike. So, my parents bought him a big wheel for his birthday. It is the smallest "big" wheel I have ever seen. Now Max can reach the pedals. But we have a new problem. He's not interested in putting his feet on the pedals. He loves his big wheel so I make a deal with him. When he first rides it, we have to practice putting his feet on the pedals. At first he fought me like crazy about it. We're getting there, though. A few days ago, he actually put his feet on the pedals, and pushed himself down the driveway (with just a little momentum from mom to start). It was a big deal for him.

This picture is from his first ride on the big wheel. And here is a video from that same day. You can hear him say: "No. No feet on the pedals."

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I LOVE this video of him "riding" his big wheel!!! I can't wait to go to Hawaii, love you guys!