Saturday, September 13, 2008

Twin Falls Temple Open House

I feel like we have been gone so much this summer. We have taken quite a few awesome trips. After Birch Bay, Max and I headed out for a day trip (Greg had to stay home and work) with my brother-in-law and met up with a lot of our family in Twin Falls. We went to the temple open house and were able tour that beautiful building. Of course, the experience wasn't as reverent as it used to be before when I would do this sort of thing without kids, especially since Max does not nap in the car and therefore was tired and only wanted his mom to carry him around. The only other person that was acceptable was his uncle Todd (thank you, Todd, for the break!), but even that was sparse at best. I did have the volunteers put the protective booties around Max's little feet so he could walk in the temple, and while I found that amusing, Max did not so much, and it made him want me to carry him all the more. Nevertheless, I am glad that I went, and especially glad that I was with a lot of my family, and again reminded me how thankful I am for temples.
This is the best picture we got of us in front of the temple. The sun was so bright and Max refused to look at the camera for the picture.

No comments: