Next stop in our summer of fun: Lamb's Canyon, UT. We spent almost a week with Greg's mom and step-dad (or as Max calls them, Mema and Grumpa) at the their cabin near Park City. And again, we had a great time. We ate good food, both at restaurants and at the cabin. Greg's mom is a fantastic cook. We shopped at the outlet mall in Park City, and rode the Alpine Slide and Coaster at the Park City Mountin Resort. This is not me in this picture. We didn't have pictures of us in action, but I thought I would just show you what we did, rather than spend a lot of time describing it.

The difference betwen the slide and the coaster is that in the slide you steer, and the coaster is attached by a rail underneath. Greg and I rode on the coaster together, and our ample body weight caused us to FLY down the course. Talk about a fun time! It's a good thing that I knew we were securely attached to the rail, or I might have been worried a time or 2 around the corners. Again, this is not me or Max in this picture. Max did not ride on these rides with us.

Max rode the kiddie rides, his favorite of which was the Merry-Go-Round, mostly because Mommy rode with him the first time, and Grumpa the 2nd.
We also spent a day with my brother and his family in the Lehi/Provo/Orem area. We saw their new house and explored Greg's and my old stomping ground. This included a visit to the BYU bookstore to load up on some new "Y" gear, and dinner at Diego's at their new location. New place, but same good food. We finished up that evening with iceberg milkshakes. If you're ever in Utah, and don't get a milkshake at iceberg, then there is something serioulsy wrong with you.
One day we were able to go to an awesome exhibit at the University of Utah's Museum of Art entitled "From Monet to Picasso". The show features 100 years of European masterworks and the U of U location was only one of four in North America. The variety of artists was pretty impressive. I especially enjoyed this Van Gough

and this Monet
After lunch at Hire's Big H, it was off to Hogle Zoo. It was a hot day, but we still enjoyed the zoo. I think this sloth's name was Greg (j/k).
And we loved this baby giraffe. Notice that he's staninding in the circle of shade to try and stay cool.
Max's favorite part of the zoo, of course, was the train. It was the fastest train ride we've ever been on! All it did was make Max want to ride again, which we were not willing to do because of the line to ride the train and the heat.
Greg and his mom
Max picked up a few phrases during the week, including "Oh, goodness gracious," "Hey, big guy," "Ready, set, go," and my favorite "What the heck?"
After lunch at Hire's Big H, it was off to Hogle Zoo. It was a hot day, but we still enjoyed the zoo. I think this sloth's name was Greg (j/k).And we loved this baby giraffe. Notice that he's staninding in the circle of shade to try and stay cool.
In daddy's shoes & hat
We always have a good time at the cabin.
2 comments:
What the heck, why didn't you tell me you were in my neck of the woods? I would have loved to have seen you guys. Well maybe next time. I am glad you had fun. Cute pictures.
I wish I could have made it out there, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!! I love that picture of Mom and Greg, it is priceless! He's growing up too fast (Max, not Greg...) tell him to slow down a bit please.
Love you!
Post a Comment