
My sister and I had the opportunity to participate in the Boise LDS Institute production of "Joseph Smith The Prophet" by Rob Gardner. We were both in the orchestra (I played violin, and she played clarinet). It's an awesome hour long program with choir, orchestra, soloists, and narrators. The best part was that at the last minute, Rob Gardner (the composer) actually came and directed us himself. I thought we sounded pretty good and then Rob stepped on the podium and the difference was astounding. He was able to get everyone to emote so much more feeling and intensity. It was actually intimidating having the composer direct us, because you know that if you don't play a note exactly right, he knows it! But the whole program is such an amazing way to testify that Joseph Smith was a prophet and because of him the gospel has been restored. I feel lucky to have participated in this experience.
For anyone interested, there is one more performance of this on July 2, 2008 at 8:45 p.m. at the BSU Special Events Center. This is a free event and open to the public.
1 comment:
So cool for you guys to do that together. Cute hair too!
Post a Comment