Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Farewell to the Twenties

So, here it is. My final hours in my twenty-something years. It won't be long 'til you all start noticing those gray hairs that stick up off the top of my head (if you've already noticed, thank you for not pointing them out to me. I know they're there.) and the wrinkles around my eyes (it's just because I smile a lot!) and people stop describing me as a "young" mom. But it's okay, because as my brother-in-law pointed out, I plan on living longer than 60 years, so I'm not yet middle aged. Not yet...

But old or not, I sent those twenties on their way with one fun weekend. My sister-in-law and her husband were here for 4 footloose, fancy free, and fast days. We stayed up too late, ate WAY too much junk food, and gloried in ice cream. Thank you for helping me to realize maybe it's okay to get old. You get more sleep...maybe.

So, I'm 30. So what! A lot of people I know have turned 30, and they are doing just fine. Besides, to all my siblings: I'm still younger than you! Maybe this is the decade I'll grow up. Maybe.


Max at Bruneau Sand Dunes. Soooo cute! The best part of me being 30 is that he's been here with us for 2 of them!

Cheryl and Conor, my sister-in-law
and her hubby. They know
how to have a good time!













At the Idaho State Penn. The jig is up.














Eating ice cream potatoes, a Boise favorite.











At Sonic Drive-in. We know how to work it.























7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you started a blog, and I'm honored to have Conor and I be the first post! :) We miss you guys so much and already tried to plan out another time to come visit because we didn't want to leave!

Happy Birthday Kari! We love you!

Jacilynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacilynn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great 30th year. Max is adorable.

Kath said...

Happy Birthday, Kari!! Wow .. .. 30. It seems it was just yesterday Rex was making your YW class pizza . .. one of our first dates. Have a good one!! Any plans for the big day? Maybe Greg is giving you a party to rival my 30th birthday party!!
Happy Happy 30th Birthday!
Kath . . .

and Rex and Abby and Hannah and Avery and Hayden

AMB said...

Soooo cute! I'm glad you started a blog! I'm going to link it to mine if you don't mind!

Happy Birthday!

Anna Marie

Anonymous said...

I don't get the blog title. What does it mean?

Why don't you try something witty like "Blog for Beans, Blokes, & Boneheads"

J² said...

"At the Idaho State Penn. The jig is up."

Was it an Irish jig?