Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cascade Lake

We only made camping once this year, and it was kind of a quick trip, but we didn't skimp on fun!

We were fortunate to camp at a campground where we knew the Camp Host. And he had a boat and was so generous to take us out on the lake. AND he even let everyone take a turn driving. To protect him from any repercussions, I will withhold his name. Oh, and please disregard his image in this picture below.





This is the outfit that won Max the "best dressed camper" award. (It's not a real award, but he really deserved to win it.) Plus, it's hard to tell from this picture, but almost all of the clothes, besides that pants, that I brought for him were too small!

Don't let the fact that we are playing in this lake fool you into thinking it was warm. It's not. And, we went swimming after dinner.
Boden and I were "wading" but decided to try and catch some fish, so next thing I know, we're both up to our shoulders!!!


Painting "en plein air." The paintings did not turn out great, but we had a fun time painting!



1 comment:

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

Now that's dedicated-I can't believe you were watercoloring on a boating trip! That's awesome and gives me motivation for the next time we go to Lake Powell. :)