I went to parent/teacher conference and we're talking about an assessment test that they give the kids to see how reading ready they are and she is sharing with me the section in which the teacher provides a word and the child supplies a rhyming word. Max did great, picking rhyming words for each of the provided word, but I don't remember what any of them were, except:
three: pee
shoe: poo
When I got home I said to Max, "Maybe when we're at school we could pick other words to rhyme than pee."
He said, "You know, pea. Like the green one? Like the one you eat!"
"Mmhm. Well let's not pick the word poo."
"You know, Pooh! Like the name!"
"Like Winnnie the Pooh?"
"Yeah!"
Yeah right.
But I know that he loves school, because I asked Max if he was sad he didn't have school during the break and he said, "I miss Mrs. Mather. I like her so much! I'm going to school on Thanksgiving to see her!"
No comments:
Post a Comment