Sunday, August 28, 2011

Through the Eyes of the Big Brother

A few weeks before we had the new baby, Max told me that he didn't want me to have the baby and that when she was born I should give her to D.I.

A few days after the baby was born, we were having some difficulty getting her to nurse correctly, and so I was in tears during and after a conversation on the phone with a lactation consultant. As I was noticeably upset, Max asked what was wrong. I said, "I'm just really frustrated, and you know how it is when you really start crying. Sometimes it's hard to stop." To which Max replied, "I told you not to have that baby."

A few weeks after the baby was born, Max has discovered he loves the baby. In fact, I have to constantly remind him not to love her so much with hugs and kisses. Max and I were cuddling and talking one night, and he said, "Turns out having that baby wasn't so bad!"

No comments: