1) Conversation between Max and his aunt Crystal:
Max: Oh no! There's a ghost behind you!
Crystal: Well chase him away. Quick!
Max (flopping down on the floor and speaking sullenly): I don't have energy for that.
2) While I was busy making cookies for our YW activity tonight, Max was entertaining himself with his color changing hot wheels at the table. The hot wheels change color by dunking the car in ice cold or warm water. Naturally, the water drips, so his bowls of water were set on a dish towel. After a few minutes, however, Max realized that the water was hurting a new sore on his thumb. He told me that he was done, but not to dump out the water. I said, "when we're done, we have to pour out the water." Next thing I know, I look up and the bowls are stacked neatly, the dish towel is sopping wet, as well as the table, and the floor. Max was simply being obedient; he was done playing, so he "poured out the water." It was my fault -- next time I will specify that we pour out the water in the sink, not on the dish towel, table, or floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment