Sunday, February 1, 2009

Max's Purple Christmas

Okay, so I might be a little behind the times, so I promise to keep the Christmas posts short...or least, short-ish.


A few days before Christmas, Max and I were at the Dollar Store and he saw a purple car that he wanted. But it was plastic and I knew that it would not last an hour in Max's hands, plus it with Christmas RIGHT around the corner, it was not the time to buy any extra toys. So, I advised Max that we weren't going to buy the car but that we would see Santa in the next few days, and that he should ask Santa for a purple car. Every time we asked him what he was going to ask Santa for, his answer was "a purple car."
On Christmas Eve, we had a special visitor to our house. Max's eyes were huge when we opened the door, and there was Santa. Before Santa was in the door, Max was barraged him with requests for a "purple car." He must have asked him a hundred times for a purple car. We let Max visit Santa first, and all of the cousins took a turn. Every thing went well, until Santa left and then Max started to cry, again saying over and over "purple car." We had to explain to him that Santa brought the presents we ask for on Christmas morning. (It was clear that he expected Santa to deliver upon request.)Here is Max on Christmas morning. He's a little dazed and amazed. And, of course, waiting there for Max was one special and very purple car!
Consequently, Max misplaced the car very shortly after Christmas (before we even left for Seattle 2 days later, I believe). It just resurfaced a few days ago and the first I saw of it was when it was in his hands. I asked him where he got that and he replied "from Santa."

No comments: