Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Got it!

So, the other morning, Max was wrinkling his nose up like something was bothering it. My mom wiped it with a Kleenex and asked if it was better. Max said no, and she wiped it again. He didn't really seem too bothered anymore, so my mom was satisfied the problem was solved and went on her way. A few minutes later, I sat down next to Max and noticed that he had a little crusty booger, stuck right at the top curve of his nostril. I picked it out for him and he looked right at me and said "Got it!" A mother's never been more proud...

Actually, I am really proud of him. He had to get his blood drawn again today (to check on his hypothyroidism) and he's been having a bad day. Lots of tears and whining, and I was not looking forward to getting the blood work done. Anyway, the phlebotomist came out and called his name, and Max was obviously perturbed. I had to pick him up and take him in. The phlebotomist said, "Oh, he knows what's going on." So, we sat down in the chair, I pried him off my shoulder, turned him around and prepared to hold him down and she says to him that he can have a red bandaid when he was done. And the helper said, don't forget he gets to pick out toy! Next comes the part where they actually prick him with the needle, and...no tears! I couldn't believe it. Max was uncomfortable, but he didn't cry or scream, or react much at all! All he said was "all done, all done," while the blood was being drawn. I was so proud of him for being so brave! In fact, he got to pick out 2 toys (a fake butterfly, and a little plastic slinky). And of course, he was pleased as could be with his red bandaid.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Way to go nose-picker!!! I can't WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!! ONE MORE DAY!!!